welcome!

Join me as I share my love affair with scrapbooking... layouts, cards & projects I have on the go.

5.09.2008

~ good & bad ~

We'll start with the bad news {this way the good news is great! :)}
  • our 1st Mommy's Scrap Club is cancelled {good thing I sent out a reminder!} Watch out for the June newsletter for our next date... hopefully we'll see more people.
  • I didn't make it into the Luxe Design Team {I sorta knew this was coming, but I tried and I'll try again!}

Good News:

  • I'm featured on Canadian Scrapbooker Carnival Blog!
  • I finished my layout for Challenge #2 {see below} !
  • I'm going to be blogging everyday with themed days starting Sunday, May 10th {some are scrapbooking related, others not so much}

The good news is Great isn't it???

Well, here is my layout for Challenge #2.

The Recipie called for: a monogram {the flower with an f}, a transparency overlay {the shaped bracket underneath the picture}, and something I made {I made the overlay & the glittered f}.

I hope you're inspired and that I see some layouts for the 15th. I have a great prize waiting for you!



~ Fatima ~
Here are a few tips on how you can create your very own overlay:

1. Grab an overhead transparency and trace a shape you like onto it.

2. Using small detail scissors, cut along the traced line.

3. Edge your overlay with paint or any other medium of your choice.

4. Let the medium dry and then apply glue & glitter in small sections.

5. Voila! You have your very own transparency that matches your layout perfectly.

I've been receiving some great comments about my dt layouts and my blog. Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it! Leave me a note sometime!

Talk to you soon,

Cindy









1 comment:

Deanne Clarke said...

Well, that is a neat idea! I was wondering how you did that when you sent it in the SOS last week! Now I know!!! Thanks!!!