welcome!

Join me as I share my love affair with scrapbooking... layouts, cards & projects I have on the go.

5.11.2008

~ sense-ational sunday ~

As I promised, here is the beginning of my daily themed blogging.

I'm starting with becoming more aware of my life & what surrounds me. I was inspired & challenged to start my week with my senses by Emliy Adams.

This 'sense-ational' sunday is focused on my very first mother's day. As most of you know I'm a first time mom to a beautiful little girl. Being a mom meets most & exceeds every other thought or expectation I had. I'm so glad I have her in my life. Here I go.

I SEE . . .


the sweet family I am a part of. I love waking up in the morning {as I did today} and finding my little one smiling at me, and then {looking at my sleeping hubby} wondering how I got so lucky as to have 2 people in my life who love me unconditionally.

I TOUCH . . .


her cute little curls. I have poker straight hair, which I love for its ease and variability in styling, but disliked due to its plainess. My daughter has inherited my hubby's curls; I love it with absolute envy. I enjoy playing with them.

I know that I'm going to have to teacher her how to take care of these curls so that she appreciates this wonderful inherited trait {she can always blame her dad for it ;) }. I just hope that she doesn't hate her hair as she grows up... it scares me to think that my daughter will have to face all of those images & messages to always be more beautiful. I want her to grow up feeling that she is beautiful. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

I HEAR . . .


Happy Mother's Day for the first time! I absolutely loved it. Thank you lulu for giving me this wonderful day!

I know that this day is set aside just for mom's, but I know that some families have only dads or gramdparents or aunts or uncles and some with mothers in heaven. As in my previous post, being a caregiver on a daily basis is hard and yet so rewarding. My best goes out to those of you who take on this challenge, responsibility & daily dose of love.

I TASTE . . .

When I geve birth to my daughter the first thing I was given to eat was some toast & jam. I have craved it ever since. That's all I ate {at all hours & among the other food handed to me} those few days in the hospital. I would get up during the night, with my hubby & new daughter asleep in the bassinet, to make & eat some toast & jam. When I was okay enough to start driving again, I went out to buy some field berry jam & that jar didn't last me a month.

So, to start this wonderful day & had some toast & jam. I also introduced lulu to grape jelly. She likes it!

I SMELL . . .


I think my brother said it well, a few weeks after lulu was born, "You really can't bottle this [baby] smell". {only to be told by my sister that he was holding the lotion bottle in which the smell came from... we all had a good laugh at that!}

It's so true. This one thing make me want to weep, its so sweet! When I pick her up in the morning I take a deep breath of her baby smell, and smile. When I finish giving her a bath at night, I do the same and know that all is right in my world.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my 1st 'sense-ational' sunday. Let me know what you see, hear, touch, smell, & taste.

I hope you take Emily's challenge and become more aware of your surroundings!
Cindy

1 comment:

Emily Adams said...

Thank you for joining me in the sensory exploration of our world! I hope you find posting like this really heightens your appreciation of everyday experiences.

I linked you on my blog. Thanks again!