welcome!

Join me as I share my love affair with scrapbooking... layouts, cards & projects I have on the go.

5.27.2008

~ tag book tuesday ~

Hiya!
So today's technique is Double Stamping.
This was the technique I used in yesterday's make-n-take flower.


Double Stamping...


1. Gather your materials: tag, scrap paper,

2 similarly shaped stamps ~ one with a large surface area & one detailed image~ , &

2 inks ~ either the same colour in 2 shades or 2 different colours.

For this tag I used 2 different colours; they coordinate & have enough contrast to show stamp details.


2. Take your 1st stamp & your lightest coloured ink & stamp your image. If the ink is still too dark, try this: Ink your stamp, stamp once on a scrap piece and then stamp {without re-inking} onto your final piece. This will give you the same colour, just lighter.
3. Let the 1st colour dry. Take your 2nd image & your darker colour and stamp this image onto your 1st.
4. Cut it out & use on your card or layout. Have fun with your stamps try different combinations & let me know what you come up with.

Happy Scrappin',
Cindy

No comments: