welcome!

Join me as I share my love affair with scrapbooking... layouts, cards & projects I have on the go.

6.12.2011

a few projects I enjoyed this past month...

Project 1:
Lulu is turning 4 this july and it was time to get her invitations ready. I was/am so crazy with wedding invites and exams for my classes that i decided to "cheat" and get photo invites done at costco this year. Nnow, depending on your philosophy of life, they came back printed with a saying I did not want. with no more time to get them changed or even argue with the photo people, I took them home and came up with a fix. Lulu being 3 going on 4 wanted to help and so she did! I was so happy having her help make her own invitations... {she put all of the circle stickers on the cards to cover the saying and then I stamped it up} They turned out great and Jules and I got to play together for a little while.









Project 2:
The next project I enjoyed was my sister-in-law's wedding invites. She's going with a pastel / feather type theme for her wedding this summer and here are the invites I came up with...




I really fell in love with the elegance of the invite and the crystal heart. I found the ribbon on sale at Michael's and bought them out that day. :) I love the feathers, but they were a tedious application as I had to cut the point off and the flat part of the feather at the end. (most were tinged yellow and I really only wanted the white fluffy part.  I also created multicoloured insides/invites/replies {replies had mathcing envelopes} to match the dresses being worn by the bridesmaids. The entire package was stuffed in black envelopes and the addy's were written in white. It was beautiful!
 
Project 3:
My last fun project of the past month was the shower invite for my sis-in-law... I can't show you the whole thing yet, but here's a sneak peek...


I printed the invite on vellum, stamped the back of the vellum with the flower you see and then added the crystal centre. These are so pretty... trully one of my favourites!

I'll be back soon, with more of my fun projects....



By the way... who's coming out the the last Mom's Scrap Club of the Season? Send me an e-mail at cindy@auniqueflair.com or call 996-4960 to save your spot on June 25th, 2011 from 5 to 11 p.m.

See you soon & Happy Scrappin',
Cindy

No comments: